FCH spearheads the creation of a program to encourage health care students to practice in the Sharon Hospital area of northwestern Litchfield County, CT and New York's northeastern Dutchess... Learn More
We are a private, not-for-profit foundation dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the residents of the greater Harlem Valley in New York and the northern Litchfield Hills of Connecticut. To accomplish our mission, we make grants, conduct research, provide technical assistance, and support collaborations and advocacy.
What We Do
The Foundation for Community Health (FCH) ...
…is dedicated to creating livable healthy communities in our service area. We work closely with our community stakeholders in employing a range of strategies to solve complex problems that impact health. As a leader, catalyst and advocate, we endeavor to develop innovative and effective services that focus on access to high quality health-related services and prevention/health promotion activities.
FCH uses and funds a variety of strategies in order to maximize the impact of its work. These strategies include:
- Bringing people together to foster collaborations in pursuit of comprehensive solutions
- Improving the capacities of local non-profits and providers
- Conducting and sharing research
- Conducting communication activities & campaigns
- Advocating for public policy change
FCH is particularly interested in addressing the unique aspects involved in delivering healthcare in a rural area and which also emphasize:
- Prevention and early intervention strategies
- Increasing Access to quality services
- Building effective Collaborations
Towns We Serve
Search Past Grants
For more information on FCH grantmaking, click here to search our grants by Program Area, County, State and/or Year.
FCH has invested in school-based oral health preventative services since 2007. More than 7,000 clinical services have been delivered to children in the Northern Litchfield Hills of Connecticut and the Greater Harlem Valley of New York.
The Grantees providing these services are:
- Maria Seymour Brooker Memorial in Connecticut
- HRHCare Community Health in New York
- Columbia Memorial Hospital in New York through 2017
Residents of the Foundation for Community Health's service area can get help paying for costly medications. Local social service agents register those in need quickly. Needed medications are... Learn More