Who We Fund
- Organizations with IRS 501(c)3 tax exempt status.
- State and municipal public agencies.
- Coalitions, advocacy groups, and collaboratives that are not incorporated may be eligible if a responsible fiscal agent is identified (MOU required)
What We Don’t Fund
- Projects that do not benefit residents in our geographic area (see Towns Served)
- Private Foundations
- Service clubs or membership organizations
- Organizations that in their constitution, by-laws or practices discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
- Programs by faith-based institutions having a spiritual and/or theological component.
- Fundraising events (including direct mail campaigns)
- Funding short-falls
- Debt reduction
The Foundation does not typically fund:
- Capital/Building Campaigns (bricks & mortar)