Funds are available to respond to an issue or request outside the Foundation for Community Health’s (FCH) Strategic Grantmaking priority areas.
Examples of an “opportunity” might be a response to an emergency or unexpected event, a unique idea or pilot project, support for significant technical assistance, or a request by another area funding partner to join them in a collaborative effort.
It is expected that most of these opportunities will be small grants ranging from $500 to $5,000. However, FCH’s opportunistic grant program is also flexible enough to respond to larger requests that may significantly impact our communities but that is outside our current strategic grantmaking program priorities. Larger requests are reviewed on a case by case basis.
Letters of Intent (LOI) for opportunistic grants will be accepted twice a year. All interested applicants should submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) with an accompanying Organization Coversheet and Budget Worksheet.
- A Letter of Intent by February 15th.
- Accepted LOI program must submit a full proposal by March 30th.
- A decision will be announced by the end of June.
- A Letter of Intent by August 15th.
- Accepted LOI program must submit a full proposal by September 30th.
- A decision will be announced by the end of December.